10,000 people were discharged from hospitals to nursing home settings in the six months from March, 2020.
Correspondence released to Aontú shows the National Treatment Purchase Fund said nursing homes needed to have "the ability to care for patients coming from an acute hospital setting".
The email was sent in March of last year, as Covid was taking hold in Ireland, and released to the party under Freedom of Information.
The email, which was sent to nursing homes seeks to establish capacity "to admit such residents into your home".
It says further instruction and discussion on terms and conditions would follow "as directed by the Department of Health and the HSE".
It also notes that the email does not constitute a contract or promise of residents from the NTPF, the HSE or the Department of Health.
10,000 people were discharged from hospitals to nursing home settings in the six months from March.
Aontú leader, Peadar Toibín, joined Clem Ryan on Friday's edition of Kildare Today.
Part 5 pic.twitter.com/MExCQeVlyN
— Peadar Tóibín TD (@Toibin1) July 15, 2021

Kfm Obituary Notices
'Hop To It': Locals Asked To Record Sightings Of Common Frog, Amid Low Numbers Recorded
New Online Interface To Reveal Derelict Buildings In Every Area
Revealed: Damning Moone-Timolin Cycleway Audit Cost Several Thousand In Taxpayers’ Money
Not Enough Taxis In Country, Says CCPC Amid Calls For Removal Of Uber Restrictions
Thieves Target Home In Naas On Valentine’s Day - Wedding Band Among Items Stolen
After Barracksfield Fallout, Cabinet To Consider €415k Kildare Home Loan Limit - Up From €360K