On Air Now

K Country

8:00pm - 10:00pm

  • 045 901 490
  • 0833-979797

Now Playing

Frank Martin Gilligan

Silver Dollar

2 Children Hospitalised After Consuming Suspected Cannabis Jellies.

Stock image: Shutterstock

Gardai were called to a premises in Coolock in the early hours of this morning.

Two young children have been taken to hospital after eating jellies, possibly containing cannabis.

The incident happened in the early hours of this morning in north Dublin.

Stephen Murphy has the details:




"Gardai were called to a premises in Coolock in the early hours of this morning after reports of two young children eating what may have been cannabis jellies.

The 3 and 4 year old boys were taken to Temple Street Children's Hospital where they're still receiving treatment

No arrests have been made and someone not related to the children is helping Gardai with their enquiries.

Child and family agency Tusla has been notified.

Last month, the Food Safety Authority issued a warning about the dangers of eating edible cannabis products like jellies.

It's after a number of teenagers ended up in hospital after consuming them."

 

More from National News

Stay tuned to Kfm!

Get the Kfm Apps for you phone, tablet or smart speaker...

Kfm Kildare Weather

  • Tue

    Sunny intervals

    14°C

  • Wed

    Low-level cloud

    12°C

  • Thu

    Sunny intervals

    11°C

  • Fri

    Heavy Rain

    10°C

  • Sat

    Heavy rain shower

    9°C