The teenage victim suffered facial injuries in the assault in on Monday.
Three youths have been arrested this morning in relation to the assault of a 14-year-old boy in Navan earlier this week.
The victim suffered facial injuries in the assault in on Monday.
The arrests were carried out by detectives from Navan Garda station. The suspects, all of who are minors, will now be questioned by specialist Gardaí qualified to interview children.
The attack, which left the boy hospitalised with serious injuries, has been classified by Gardaí as an assault with “hate as a motivating factor,” a garda source said.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said he is going to “reach out” to the family the boy to express his support and sympathy.
The Education Minister Norma Foley said the boy is expected to return to school in the coming days.
She has spoken to the school principal, and urged people not to continue sharing the video.