CEO of Irish Rail, Mary Considine, says she can’t yet confirm the exact financial loss related to the failed IT system
Irish Rail has decided a new €50 million IT system, which would control the movement of trains, is unlikely to be used.
The company has reportedly written down the value of the project in its accounts.
Dubbed the 'brain of the railway network', it's been beset by delays and cost overruns.
CEO of Irish Rail, Mary Considine, says she can’t yet confirm the exact financial loss related to the failed IT system.
Ms Considine said Irish Rail has raised ‘grave concern’ about the failed system which controls the movement of trains, after the Irish Times reported it has been scrapped.
She said also accounts for 2025, which will detail how much money was spent, need to be approved by government before they are published.
She says Irish Rail is considering all options.

28,000 Calls To Newbridge Samaritans Centre In 2025
Kildare TD Calls For Prevention Of Supermarkets Disposing Of Unsold Edible Food
Talks Continue This Morning In Ambulance Staff Pay Dispute
Almost 1,800 Complaints Made To Ombudsman for Children Last Year
Man Dies Following Assault In Blanchardstown On Sunday
Value Of Unused Medication Each Year Estimated At Over €37.5M
Appeal Against Country's First Ever Supervised Injection Centre Rejected
Woman Caught On Laptop While Driving As National Day Of Action For Mobile Phone Distraction Takes Place