18 people have died, 145 remain missing
US President Joe Biden has met mourning families and emergency workers in Florida, following the collapse of a Miami apartment block last week.
The 78 year-old praised the efforts of those searching through the wreckage.
18 people were killed in the collapse, 2 of which were children, with 145 people still missing.
Rescue work's been stopped at the site over concerns over the stability of the structure.
President Biden says it's heartbreaking:
Tune in as I deliver remarks from Surfside, Florida. https://t.co/TBrXZmEduK
— President Biden Archived (@POTUS46Archive) July 1, 2021

Social Media Could Change Forever If Meta Loses US Legal Battle, Says Experts
Efforts To Achieve Peace Plan For Gaza Continue As US Meet Middle East Mediators
US Military Fire On Ship In Gulf Of Oman
Over 250 People Now Confirmed Dead Following Devastating Earthquake In Colombia
Rescue Operation Continues After 160 Dead In Colombian Earthquake
Six Killed In School Shooting Near Bangkok In Thailand
Reports Of Iran And Oman Working Towards Deal To Reopen Strait Of Hormuz
EU Home Affairs Ministers Meet To Discuss Protection Of Borders From Illegal Migration