Efforts are continuing to get 60 Irish passport and visa holders in Afghanistan home.
The US President's warned he'll make the people responsible for a deadly terror attack near Kabul airport "pay" for what they've done.
It's believed at least 85 people - including 72 Afghans - died following the explosions in Afghistan yesterday.
At least 143 others were injured
UK enters "final stages" of evacuation operation at Kabul airport, Afghanistan
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) August 27, 2021
No more people will be called to the airport to leave, with UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace telling the BBC "we won't be able to get everyone out" https://t.co/9Y3WQdjgRC
Islamic State says it was behind the bombings, which injured hundreds of others.
Joe Biden said he can relate to the grief experienced by families who've lost loved ones in this attack:
Head of US Central Command, General Kenneth McKenzie, claims the Taliban has been helping stop other strikes from terrorist groups.
Australia has stopped evacuation flights from Afghanistan after Islamic State suicide bombers killed scores of civilians and at least 13 U.S. military personnel in attacks outside the airport in Kabul, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said https://t.co/VXGdb7x73A pic.twitter.com/DmGmTH3XvV
— Reuters (@Reuters) August 27, 2021
Efforts are continuing to get 60 Irish passport and visa holders in Afghanistan home.
However, Irish citizens in Kabul are being warned to stay away from the airport.
Security analyst Tom Clonan says the Irish mission is a success
The Foreign Affairs Minister says the Irish still in Afghanistan are not Taliban targets.
Simon Coveney says Ireland is committed to keeping them safe after yesterday's deadly explosions in Kabul.
Niall Colbert reports
:

Minister McEntee Condemns Treatment Of Gaza Flotilla Detainees As "Appalling" Video Emerges
Sallins Man Onboard Gaza Flotilla Speaks Out As At Least Seven Irish Citizens Detained By Israel
"A Lot Of People Got Beaten Badly": Sallins Man Gives Update After Last Month's Intercepted Gaza Flotilla
Starmer Under Pressure Following Rumours Of Health Secretary Resignation Later Today
Eurovision Song Contest Begins Tonight As Ireland And Other Countries Boycott
WHO Expects More Hantavirus Cases Among The Cruise Ship Passengers
Two Irish Passengers On Virus-Stricken Cruise Ship Now In Care Of HSE
Musical Stars Announced for 2026 World Cup Opening