Scoil Mhichíl Naofa
A fire broke out in a single prefab at Scoil Mhichíl Naofa in Athy this morning.
The fire was noticed between 7.45am & 8.45am on Tuesday morning.
When alerted there was immediate response from Athy Fire Brigade, who had the fire under control within minutes of arrival.
It is believed the fire started due to an electrical fault with a fuse board in the prefab.
There is very minor smoke damage to neighbouring prefabs on the premises.
Senior & Junior infant students at the school will not be attending in person today, but all other students will remain on the premises.