New forms needed to secure payment over the summer months for children aged 16 to 18.
A Kildare TD says a "bit of cop on" would have prevented the situation whereby parents of some teenagers are not receiving child benefit.
Parents of children aged 16 to 18, who are in full time education, receiving the beneft throughout the summer months last year.
This summer, however, a form has to be filled out by the school for Child Benefit to continue.
But with so many schools closed, parents can’t get the forms signed
Kildare North Sinn Féin TD, Réada Cronin.
Deputy Cronin joined Ciara Noble on Friday's edition of Kildare Today.

Kfm Obituary Notices
Major Curragh Community College Project Moves Ahead After Years Of False Starts
Plans For Walking Trail Within Castletown House Lands Under Consideration Subject To Removal Of Laurel
Council Blames Stolen Cars As It Refuses Warning Signs At Crash-Prone Bridge In Celbridge
Naas No-Shows Add To Driving Test Pressure As Kildare Test Queue Hits 1,975
Naas Hospital Promised Just 21 Extra Mental Health Beds At Lakeview Ward - With No Timeline In Sight
R405 Hazelhatch Road To Close Between Loughtown Road And Athgoe Road For Major Pipeline Works
Local Demonstrations To Accompany Leinster House SNA Protest Amid Growing Backlash, Says Kildare TD