The new timetable will commence from Sunday 11th December
Iarnród Éireann is adding new Commuter routes here in Co.Kildare
The new timetable will come into operation this Sunday 11th December 2022.
There will be extra weekday Newbridge and Hazelhatch commuter services and, and early Sunday, Portlaoise, Newbridge and Sallins services are to be introduced.
The new timetable has been approved by the National Transport Authority, and follows public consultation in September and October, in which over 1,550 customers participated.
While customers on all routes are advised to check times before travel, significant changes for Kildare and Laois commuters include (* indicates change made following public consultation) :
- Twelve additional off-peak Commuter services between Newbridge and Heuston, resulting in trains every 30 minutes Monday to Friday.
- Monday to Friday: New services at 09:45, 10:40, 11:40, 12:40, 13:40 and 14:40 hrs from Heuston to Newbridge
- Monday to Friday: New services at 10:26, 11:40, 12:26, 13:26, 14:26 and 15:27 hrs from Newbridge to Heuston
- Extra services between Hazelhatch and Grand Canal Dock, via Phoenix Park Tunnel on Monday to Friday, namely:
- New 08:31 hrs Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch Monday to Friday.
- New 16:00 hrs Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch Monday to Friday.
- New 16:37 hrs Hazelhatch/Grand Canal Dock Monday to Friday.
- Existing 15:50 hrs Hazelhatch/Grand Canal Dock Monday to Friday will be deferred to 15:53 hrs.
- New earlier Sunday service at 07:40hrs from Portlaoise to Heuston
- Additional stops for Sunday services from Newbridge and Sallins
- 08:05hrs Galway to Heuston will serve Sallins at
- 08:25hrs Limerick to Heuston will serve Newbridge at
- Improved journey times on Limerick/Ballybrophy services via Nenagh due to recent infrastructure works, resulting in a 15-minute time saving.
- 10:08hrs Ballybrophy to Limerick (via Nenagh) advanced to 09:05hrs.*
Full timetable details are available at on the Irish Rail website and from the Iarnród Éireann app.