Both men have been remanded in custody
Two men in their twenties have been remanded in custody, charged with the murder of Dylan McCarthy.
The 29 year old from Kilmallock in Co Limerick died after he was assaulted on a night out in Kildare in August of last year.
Limerick man Dylan McCarthy was in Monasterevin to attend a family function on the night of the 20th of August.
After midnight on the 21st, Dylan sustained fatal injuries and later died in Tallaght University Hospital.
Last night 23 year old Calvin Dunne of Abbey View, Monasterevin and 24 year old Sean Kavanagh of St Mary's Lane, Monasterevin were arrested.
Both men were charged with murder and public disorder while Mr Kavanagh also faces a charge of assault causing serious harm.
Naas District Court today the assault happened during a 'large altercation' between two groups on Dublin Road.
Mr Dunne's defence objected to this information of the case being shared in the public domain at this stage.
In his reply, Judge Desmond Zaidan told the solicitor not to tell him what his function is, adding 'Am I supposed to be a sitting duck?'
Both men have been remanded to Cloverhill Prison and will appear again in Naas Court on Thursday via videolink.

Kfm Obituary Notices
Major Curragh Community College Project Moves Ahead After Years Of False Starts
Plans For Walking Trail Within Castletown House Lands Under Consideration Subject To Removal Of Laurel
Council Blames Stolen Cars As It Refuses Warning Signs At Crash-Prone Bridge In Celbridge
Naas No-Shows Add To Driving Test Pressure As Kildare Test Queue Hits 1,975
Naas Hospital Promised Just 21 Extra Mental Health Beds At Lakeview Ward - With No Timeline In Sight
R405 Hazelhatch Road To Close Between Loughtown Road And Athgoe Road For Major Pipeline Works
Local Demonstrations To Accompany Leinster House SNA Protest Amid Growing Backlash, Says Kildare TD