Children's Minister Roderic O'Gorman says their decision is 'disappointing'
Members of the Mother and Baby Homes Commission have refused to appear before an Oireachtas committee for a third time.
Children's Minister Roderic O'Gorman says their decision is 'disappointing' and is urging them to reconsider.
Commission members’ refusal to appear before Oireachtas ‘deeply regrettable’, says Varadkar https://t.co/8UCcGlMpdU— The Irish Times (@IrishTimes) June 11, 2021
The commission had been asked to explain comments from one of the members about how much witness testimony was included in the final report.
In a letter to the Oireachtas committee the Commission said it's not true to claim survivor testimony was discounted.
Committee Chair, TD Kathleen Funchion, says it's disappointing the Commission members won't take questions