On Air Now

Kildare Today

9:00am - 11:00am

  • 045 901 490
  • 0833-979797

Now Playing

Kildare Today

with Clem Ryan

Batteries, Painkillers And Diffusers Causing Accidental Poisoning In Babies

Parents advised to be extra vigilant in the run up to Christmas.

Batteries, painkillers and diffusers swallowed by babies are causing accidental poisoning.

Speaking on Kildare Today, Patricia Casey, Manager of the National Poison Centre at Beaumont, said some items swallowed by babies may not show immediate symptoms.

She said parents should check toys and compartments to make sure batteries can't be removed easily.

In the run up to Christmas, parents have also been advised to keep sweet tins used for storage out of sight.

Speaking on this mornings Kildare Today, Manager of the National Poison Centre at Beaumont Patricia Casey spoke on the accidental poisonings:  

More from Local News

Stay tuned to Kfm!

Get the Kfm Apps for you phone, tablet or smart speaker...

Kfm Kildare Weather

  • Fri

    Sunny intervals

    4°C

  • Sat

    Light rain

    6°C

  • Sun

    Sunny intervals

    8°C

  • Mon

    Light rain

    8°C