Its follows 3 weekend stabbings in Dublin.
A Fine Gael TD says consideration should be given to the introduction of a knife amnesty here.
It comes after three stabbings in Dublin in a 24 hour period over the weekend.
Deputy Neale Richmond says it's vital these weapons are removed from the country's streets.
He says the policy has been successful in the past, both here and abroad:
Spoke with @thejournal_ie about #knife crime following the weekend’s worrying spate of stabbings. https://t.co/JHuvTVG9ZZ
— Neale Richmond (@nealerichmond) June 21, 2021
Deputy Richmond says Ireland needs to look to other countries where they've successfully tackled knife crime:
.

Newbridge Scientist Hopeful For Ambitious Project Aimed At Preventing Hospital-Acquired Infections
Irish Rail To Scrap IT System Believed To Be Worth €50 Million
28,000 Calls To Newbridge Samaritans Centre In 2025
Kildare TD Calls For Prevention Of Supermarkets Disposing Of Unsold Edible Food
Talks Continue This Morning In Ambulance Staff Pay Dispute
Almost 1,800 Complaints Made To Ombudsman for Children Last Year
Man Dies Following Assault In Blanchardstown On Sunday
Value Of Unused Medication Each Year Estimated At Over €37.5M