Design proposals will be available to view on the 11th March at St Joseph’s National School, Halverstown
Design proposals for the route have been developed by Hayes Ryan Landscape Architects And a ‘Drop In’ event will take place on Saturday the 11th March at St Joseph’s National School, Halverstown from 9am to 1pm where the design proposals will be available to view.
Kildare County Council is encouraging local residents to come along to review and discuss the proposals.
The aim of the study is to examine the feasibility of:
- Creating a safe 5km loop route in Old Kilcullen
- Providing universal access for those with disabilities in sections where gradients allow
- Providing vehicular free sections for use
- Providing for the potential to extend links along the back roads to the Curragh and Yellow Bog
- Creation of viewing points to the ancient medieval Royal Site of Knockaulin (Dun Ailinne), The Curragh, The Hill of Allen, The Dublin and Wicklow Mountains and Mount Leinster
- Creation of a link to the historic features within the area of Old Kilcullen. This includes the Round Tower, the medieval Royal site of Knockaulin (Dun Ailinne) and the old medieval roads that the routes are largely based on.