As well as this, 30pc of all fires have been linked to rubbish fires
There has been a decrease of people making calls about fires in Kildare in 2025.
It is down from 763 calls in 2024 to 733 in 2025.
30pc of all fires have been linked to rubbish fires, 18pc were vehicle fires and around 100 fires every year are linked to chimneys.
There has also been 110 calls for outdoor fires so far in 2026, compared to 71 in 2025.
It comes as the number of domestic fire deaths nationwide rose to its highest figure in nine years.
Speaking on Kildare Today, acting chief fire officer with Kildare County Council Niall O' Riordan says that a rise in outdoor fires is due to the rising temperatures seen during the summer:
"That's the figure that hasn't surprised me and it's trending upwards, it's probably directly related to the hot summer we've had so far.
"There's no type of location of fire that is of more prevalence than another, and there's no spike of one cause over another."
In reference to recent fires in Kilteel due to rubbish burning, O' Riordan said that he was in "no doubt" that rubbish burning has contributed to a number of fires across the county.
"I have no doubt that some fires in boglands over the summer have been caused by rubbish burning, discarded cigarettes and disposable barbecues as well."
Mr O' Riordan also emphasised the importance for smoke alarms to be regularly checked, adding that their Facebook page advertises for Kildare people to test the alarms whenever they have a chance.
The full interview can be heard below:

Almost 700 Homes Commenced In Kildare In First Seven Months Of Year
Kildare And Leighlin Bishop Gives Statement Ahead Of Carlow Prayer Vigil For Injured Family Involved In M9 Crash
Council Begins Summary Of Social Housing Assessments 2026
New National Children's Hospital Is At 82 Per Cent Room Completion, According To Contractor
Two Kildare Artists Shortlisted For Portrait Prize
"I'll Have To Change My Work Hours":Ardclough Mother Concerned As Daughters Lose Place On School Bus
Missing Person Appeal For Megan Phillipson (34) Stood Down Following Discovery Of Body
Funeral Arrangements Announced For Two Teens Killed In Sunday's M9 Crash