Children aged under 12 who are close contacts and are asymptomatic won't have to restrict their movements.
Thousands of children are returning to school after a change to contact tracing rules.
The Chief Medical Officer says from today contact tracing of close contacts in primary schools and creches won't be needed.
Children aged 12 or under who are close contacts and are asymptomatic won't have to restrict their movements.
Sinn Fein's Education spokesperson, Donnchadh O'Laoghaire says it needs to be monitored closely:
The head of the HSE says the rules around close contacts in schools are changing based on the balance of risk.
Paul Reid says the evidence shows the infection rate in school settings is relatively low
On Monday afternoon, the INTO said it doesn't want to have to say ‘we told you so’ to health officials over new contact tracing rules in schools.
The INTO say they wanted it to be delayed until after the mid-term.
General Secretary John Boyle hopes the new system works, but has his doubts
.

28,000 Calls To Newbridge Samaritans Centre In 2025
Kildare TD Calls For Prevention Of Supermarkets Disposing Of Unsold Edible Food
Talks Continue This Morning In Ambulance Staff Pay Dispute
Almost 1,800 Complaints Made To Ombudsman for Children Last Year
Man Dies Following Assault In Blanchardstown On Sunday
Value Of Unused Medication Each Year Estimated At Over €37.5M
Appeal Against Country's First Ever Supervised Injection Centre Rejected
Woman Caught On Laptop While Driving As National Day Of Action For Mobile Phone Distraction Takes Place