The boy appeared before Dublin Children's Court this morning.
A 17-year-old boy has appeared in court charged with the robbery of an Englishman in Dublin on Friday night.
The boy, who can't be named for legal reasons, appeared before Dublin Children's Court this morning.
Garda David Dolan told the court that the teenager was arrested before midnight on Saturday, after the alleged assault of a man at 10 o clock on Friday night in Temple Bar.
He said the injured man was in Dublin for a sports event, and had been out with two friends and met another man from England that night.
He added a fight had broken out between a large group of people.
Garda Dolan alleged the man received a punch from an unknown male followed by another one from the accused, who its claimed then went through the man's front pocket and took a black leather wallet.
It's then alleged the accused went to a nearby Centra and tried to purchase an item, before leaving after the shop refused to accept a contactless payment.
Judge Deirdre Geraty granted bail with strict conditions, including staying away from the Dublin 2 area and to obey a 10pm to 6am curfew.
The boy, who appeared alongside his mother, and was visably upset throughout and spokt to confirm the conditions.
His case will be mentioned again next month.

€1.5 Million Cannabis Seized in Joint Dublin Operation
Calls For Prison Security Review After Inmate Died In Their Cell
Fuel Oil Prices At Highest Recorded Value In Five Years
Over 200 Fines For E-Scooter Offences Issued In Kildare Carlow Area
Planned 72-Hour Ambulance Strike Called Off
Taoiseach Travelling To Vatican To Meet Pope Leo
Newbridge Scientist Hopeful For Ambitious Project Aimed At Preventing Hospital-Acquired Infections
Irish Rail To Scrap IT System Believed To Be Worth €50 Million